FUNDAMENTALS OF AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGIES C.I.
- FUNDAMENTALS OF AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGIES C.I.
- Insegnamento in inglese
- Settore disciplinare
- Corso di studi di riferimento
- AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
- Tipo corso di studio
- Laurea Magistrale
- Ripartizione oraria
- Ore Attività Frontale: 27.0
- Anno accademico
- Anno di erogazione
- Anno di corso
- CURRICULUM AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGY
It is necessary to have passed Mechanical Technology exam. Knowledge of Technical Industrial Design exam is useful
The course aims to deepen the aspects related to production technologies applied in aeronautical constructions with particular reference to the choice and function performed by the construction materials and the transformation technologies connected to them.
In the field of plastic deformation technologies, the fundamental principles of plasticity theory, formability and material behaviour, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and their applicability to the aeronautical sector will be illustrated.
At the same time, the aspects relating to assembly processes and in particular those relating to the welding of metallic materials, riveting and Adhesive Bonding of the components will be treated. Lastly non-destructive testing for verification of product quality will be tackled.
Numerical exercises will be carried out on some aspects covered in the theory part to familiarize with the physical quantities that characterize them, in addition to laboratory exercises that will be focused on tools for the finite element simulation of sheet metal forming.
- Knowledge of elasto-plastic behavior of materials and rheological models
- Basic knowledge of Assembly Processes
- Basic knowledge for the Sheet Metal Forming Simulation
The exam consists of two test:
Oral: the student discusses the contents of the course, illustrating their level of knowledge and understanding of the topics covered.
Practical: it will be focused on the tools for the finite element simulation of sheet metal forming.
Elasto-plastic behavior of materials and Rheological Models
Sheet Metal Forming Processes
Formability and material behaviour
Sheet Metal Forming Simulation: One Step (Inverse) Method
Sheet Metal Forming Simulation: Incremental Explicit/Implicit FEA Methods
- Class Notes.
- F.C. Campbell, Manufacturing Technology for Aerospace Structural materials, First Edition, Elsevier, 2006.
- Mikell P. Groover, Fundamentals of Modern Manufacturing, Materials, Processes and Systems.