PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IN P. A.
- Teaching in italian
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IN P. A.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT IN P. A.
- Subject area
- Reference degree course
- MANAGEMENT AZIENDALE
- Course type
- Laurea Magistrale
- Teaching hours
- Ore Attività frontale: 48.0
- Academic year
- Year taught
- Course year
- PUBLIC MANAGEMENT
- Reference professor for teaching
- FASIELLO Roberta
conoscenza della lingua Inglese - Fluency in English
The course allows the development of skills able to connect the information needs at the basis of managerial decisions to the type of supporting information, emphasizing the performance thinking as a substantial impact on the management of public organizations, the organization of management information and the various decision-making processes of the public organizations.
- Introduction to Theory of Public Management
- The Basics of Performance Measurement
- Ten Significant Observations about How People View Local Government
- Methods of Gathering Data
- Organizations Managing for Results
- Implementing Results-Based Management in Local Government
- Factors Influencing the Use of Performance Data
- Monitoring Quality and Productivity
- Cost Accounting in Public Administration
- Gainsharing in Local Government
The course aims to acquire the main knowledge of the processes of performance measurement and performance management, considering the impact on productivity and on the professional quality of public service provision.
Particular attention is paid to the tools and managerial models applied to public services.
Expected results according to Dublin descriptors:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Identify mission, goals, objectives and type of measures in a public organization. Acquisition of the planning and control instruments in order to present and therefore interpret the observations relating to the economic, business and social phenomena inherent to the management in the public sector.
Ability to applying-knowledge and understanding,
- Ability to read and evaluate performance measures and uses of performance measurement.
- Ability to evaluate results resulting from the analysis of planning and management of organizations in the public sector.
- Ability to clearly present the results of the analyzes carried out and the activity of data transfer and subsequent decisions towards human resources operating at executive level.
Learning ability of the various phases for the realization of a performance measurement system. Uses of performance measures for decision making processes.
Conventional, lectures and exercises
Written exam at the end of the cycle of lectures.
For attending students intermediate tests can be scheduled including a written exam and an oral presentation of a project work.
The examination aims to ascertain the degree of knowledge of the student on both practical and theoretical aspects of the discipline. In particular, the objective is to assess the degree of assimilation of the contents of the discipline, the ability to make the appropriate links between the various topics dealt with, the ability to express the required arguments in a clear and exhaustive manner, to apply knowledge, autonomy of judgment, communication skills and learning skills in line with Dublin descriptors.
"The student disabled and/or with SDL (specific disorders of learning), who intends to take advantage of an individualized intervention for the conduct of the exam must contact the Disability Integration office of the University of Salento at the address:
There are no differences in terms of program between students attending and not attending.
- the characteristics of the public company and their repercussions on the performance management system
- the main characteristics of the performance management system in public companies
- the strengths of the performance management system
- the critical aspects of the performance management system
- the dynamics of the performance measurement system
- the principles of designing the performance management system
- performance measurement tools in public companies
- measurement of the sustainability profile in the performance management system
- performance management and contributions to the accountability of the public company
- performance management system: empirical evidence
David N. Ammons (edited), Leading Performance Management in Local Government. Washington, DC: ICMA Press, 2008.
Secondo Semestre (dal 23/02/2022 al 31/05/2022)
Type of assessment
Orale - Voto Finale